5. June 2013 15:29
Getting a car loan that fits into your monthly budget with favorable loan terms could be a cumbersome task in the present financial scenario. However, credit unions offer much relief in these conditions, as these financial institutions function on a not-for-profit model, making them user-friendly for car loans. If you are considering getting a secured auto loan from a credit union, here’s a look at why this is a great idea-
- A key reason to opt for credit unions for car loans is the favorable interest rates offered at these institutions. All the earnings that are made through interest by credit unions are returned back to the members in the form of low interest rates. Low interest rates on car loans translates into lower monthly payments, a shorter loan period, and hence an overall cheap auto loan.
- Applying for a car loan at a credit union is a convenient and customer-friendly process. Not only are the fees involved a lot lower than what one would expect to pay at a bank or a car dealership, but the overall process is also a lot less time-consuming. It is simply a matter of sitting with a financial agent and having your paperwork evaluated, after which the loan is usually approved on the same day. In most cases, the process is further simplified by enabling carrying out all the proceedings online or over the phone.
- Even if for any reason your loan does not get approved the first time, you can expect to get some great financial advice on how you can strengthen your personal case, and what you can do to get approved the next time you apply. This level of personal concern is something that one can only expect at a credit union, owing to the relatively low number of members.
- The fact that a credit union is committed to serving its local community means that you can expect a lot more support from a credit union in the event that you face difficulty in repaying your loan, than you would at say, a bank.
- The regular member perks offered by credit unions can go a long way in making the terms of your car loan more favorable to you. It is a good idea to ask the officials at your credit union if any such perks are around the corner, before applying for your loan.
To avail cheap and quick car loan in Killeen TX, kindly visit us at Greater Central Texas Federal Credit Union. We have amazing deals on auto loans for our customers. We are located at 3305 E Elms Road, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at 254-690-2274.
20. May 2013 14:08
One of the most perplexing decisions that any car buyer is faced with at the beginning of his purchase, is whether to opt for a new car or a used one. While some people are very sure about which way they want to go, the following compilation of the pros of going either side should help the rest of you decide-
Pros of buying a new car-
- One of the major advantages of buying a new car is that you can get exactly what you want, custom-made to meet your needs. This saves a lot of time, along with ensuring optimal satisfaction for you as a buyer.
- Another obvious advantage is that you do not have to worry about where the car you are driving has been, or who owned it before you did. You are the first driver, and you decide how you wish to keep it.
- The warranty that you get with a new car is also an advantage, since it comes with the car and you do not have to pay extra for it.
- Chances of getting better financing rates with a new car are high, since the car has not yet depreciated, and hence inherently costs more.
- A new car is likely to be equipped with the latest gizmos, safety measures, and mechanical advances. This means better efficiency, increased safety, lower emissions, and a generally more pleasant driving experience.
Pros of buying used-
- The biggest advantage of choosing to buy a used car is the cost saving involved. Not only is the overall price of the car a lot lower than its new counterpart, but you can also easily get a cheap auto loan on a used car
- A used car also offers the advantage of undergoing minimal depreciation. While this might sound counterintuitive, it is true, since all cars undergo maximum depreciation in the first few years, losing as high as 40% of their value in the first year.
- Chances of getting low insurance rates on used cars are high. All that you need to do is shop around and stay away from insurance sticker shock.
- Used cars offer a wider range of financing options, and with some amount of research, you should be able to get a great deal on the lowest used car loan in your area.
- Finally, choosing to buy a used car increases the options that fall within your budget greatly, making it possible to consider buying a dream car that you otherwise wouldn’t have been able to afford.
6. May 2013 14:13
Joining a credit union is one of the best decisions anyone can ever make, and if you haven’t joint one yet, it is high time you did! After all, credit unions are among the few financial institutions in the modern world that function on a “users’ first” and “not-for-profit” model. While the principle aim of commercial banks remains to enrich their shareholders, credit unions aim at helping their members. The following list enumerates some of the top reasons to join a credit union-
- Better interest rates- Credit unions offer the best available interest rates, making them a great option for anyone seeking a cheap auto loan.
- Increased chances of loan approval- If you are looking to get a personal loan, the chances of you getting approved at a credit union are higher than at other financial institutions. This is because credit unions usually know profiles of most of their members, and hence can take non-financial factors into account.
- Personalized attention- While you are just an account number at a huge bank, you are treated as an individual at a credit union. This makes it easier to build relationships with the credit union staff, speeds up the process of getting a loan, and makes tackling issues like erroneous fees a lot more convenient.
- Lower fees- Right from minimum balance required in your account and compulsory monthly financial interactions, to ATM withdrawal, the fees imposed by banks can be huge. Credit unions on the other hand, have a lot more flexible terms, and whenever necessary charge minimal fees.
- Easier availability- Credit unions are a lot more accessible than most banks. You can find a credit union in nearly every neighborhood, and some of these have special opening hours, such as evenings or Sundays, for the convenience of their customers. It is also a lot easier to reach a credit union employee over the phone, as compared to a huge bank.
- Education for members- Credit unions makes an effort to educate their members through regular seminars, personalized financial counseling, and meetings for members. For instance, if you are a youngster looking for the lowest used car loan, not only are you likely to get the best deal for your needs and budget at a credit union, but you can also expect to get the right financial advice on whether you are ready for the loan, and how to manage your finances around it.
17. April 2013 14:59
With 3 and 5 year loans dominating the car financing market, most buyers know little about lesser popular 72-month auto loans. While these loans make a car buyer pay a greater amount of interest eventually, they are of advantage to those who can’t afford to pay high monthly installments. If you are considering the 72 month auto finance, the following list of pros and cons will help you decide whether such a loan is right for you or not.
- The most obvious advantage of a 72-month loan is the low monthly payments on such a loan. Since the loan has to be repaid over a longer period of time, the monthly payments are low and hence affordable.
- If you want to buy an expensive vehicle, such a loan can help you in achieving this dream even if the car is not quite within your budget.
- A good question to ask yourself before opting for a 72-month auto loan is whether you are the kind of person who likes to trade in the old car for a new one every few years. If you are likely to get tired of your new car in a couple of years, this loan is not the right option for you, since the chances of you ending up with a negative equity are high.
- Another disadvantage of such a loan when compared with car loans of a lesser duration is the higher interest rate that you shall end up paying. While such a loan appears to be cheaper while taking the monthly payments into account, the fact is that you eventually pay a high overpayment amount.
- If you have an irregular pay cycle when in some months you earn more than the other months, such a loan would be perfect for you. The low monthly payments make it possible for you to keep up with your payments and even make higher payments on certain months when you have a lump-sum of money.
- Such a cheap auto loan is a great option for students who work part-time and make better money during the summer. As long as you are willing to make the payments for the 6-year period of the loan, such a loan can be very affordable and convenient.
To procure instant 72 Month Auto Loan in Central Texas, visit us at Greater Central Texas Federal Credit Union. We are located at 3305 E Elms Road, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at 254-690-227.
5. April 2013 20:53
Buying a new car is always exciting and simple auto loans in Killeen have made procuring the desired set of wheels even more easy. However, when it comes to paying off the loan no matter how cheap, most buyers find themselves making the uncomfortable realization of having spent more than they had set out for. If you are stuck with a car loan that is jeopardizing your life and are desperate to be done with paying it, there are several ways you can make that happen.
The following tips highlight some effective ways to pay off your secured car loan faster and hence save on interest payments in the long run-
- The first step is to be clear about exactly how much you owe on your car loan. Known as the payoff amount of the loan, this figure is calculated taking in account the amount you have already paid, as well as the payment including interest that you still owe. Knowing exactly how much is still due on your loan can help to create a payment strategy.
- It is also advisable to be clear about the terms and conditions of your loan from the get-go and know whether repaying the loan before the scheduled period will involve an early penalty fee.
- Talk to your auto loan provider about payoff options, as some of these institutions may have some provision for waving off the penalty if the entire balance is paid in a single payment. If you can afford to make such a payment this could be the easiest way to pay off your loan without any extra penalty.
- Another way to pay off your loan quickly is by using any extra cash that you get such as a bonus at work or a cash gift towards your car loan payment.
- If you feel that you can afford to make a higher monthly payment for your car loan, this could be an option worth considering. For instance, if your current monthly payment is $200, changing it to $300 could help you to pay off the loan faster, and hence save considerably on interest.
- Another useful tip for paying off your car loan is by borrowing off other investments, such as insurance, house equity, retirement plans, etc., which typically have lower interest rates compared to car loans.
We at Greater Central Texas Federal Credit Union provide you quick and cheap car loans in Texas. For more details, you can visit us at 3305 E Elms Road, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at 254-690-2274.
25. March 2013 13:59
Buying a new car is a dream harbored by many, but when it comes to financing a car in the best possible way, not many are well-versed with the process of doing so. Car financing is a major decision, which usually has a bearing on the next few years’ finances of the buyer, which explains why it is important to carefully consider the dos and don’ts of the process before finalizing it. Contrary to common perception, it is possible to get a financially viable auto-financing deal even with a bad credit, and when shopping on a budget.
The following dos and don’ts of car financing guide you through the process, helping you to make a well-informed decision-
- Do have a clear picture of the complete price that you shall have to pay by the end of the process, including interest rates and any hidden costs.
- Do calculate your credit score using a credit calculator beforehand, so as to have a clear idea of what to expect. This can also be helpful in making amends to any flaws in your credit that can be corrected in the short-term.
- Do decide your budget and stick to it. One of the most common mistakes made by car buyers is that of walking into the car dealership without being sure of how much they intend to spend. This results in them financing a car beyond their budget, and hence ending up with monthly payments higher than they can afford, which puts them at a risk of bad credit.
- Don’t go to a buy here pay here dealer. While these dealers may seem favorable in the beginning, the usual case with them is that they do not report to the credit bureau unless you default on your loan, which means that they do not help in building your credit.
- Don’t buy a car in poor condition. No matter how small your budget, buying a car that is either too old or too problematic will simply increase your worries, with the high interest rates on such a car making it all the more difficult.
We at Greater Central Texas Federal Credit Union provide you with quick and reliable car financing. Whether you want to purchase a new car or a used one, we have solutions for all your car loan needs. For more details, visit us at 3305 E Elms Road, Killeen, TX 76542 or call us at 254-690-2274.
11. March 2013 19:04
When making the decision of buying a car, a major consideration that needs to be made is whether to buy a new car or a used one. This becomes even more important when getting a car loan, since loan terms can differ significantly for used cars and new ones. As a buyer, it is important to understand what these differences are, so as to decide which car loan would be better suited to your preferences. The following points highlight the major differences between a used auto loan and a new one-
- Since used cars have a reduced cost, these loans tend to be smaller than those on new cars, which are obviously longer.
- The rate of interest on a used car is likely to be higher than that on its new counterpart, owing to the higher risk involved in such a car. In this way, new car loans have the advantage of having lower interest rates.
- Used car loans are generally considered to be riskier than new auto loans from the lender’s perspective. This is because these loans run the risk of the car’s value falling below the loan’s value before repayment. It is for this reason that buyer’s might be required to pay a higher down payment on a used car than on a new one.
- It is usually difficult to get a loan on a car that is more than ten years old, since such cars are very risk for the lender.
- In the long run, the cost incurred on a used car is likely to be substantially less than that on a new car. This is due to the high level of depreciation of a new car when compared to a used car in good condition.
- As far as the interest rate is concerned, while the condition of the car and whether it is new or used definitely has a bearing, a greater role is played by other more important factors, such as the borrower’s credit rating and the amount being borrowed. This explains why the rate of interest should not be a major factor when deciding whether to buy a new car or a used one.
- It is a good idea to calculate how much you shall be paying at the end of the loan period in both cases, and take into account the depreciation in the car by then, while making a choice between a new car loan and a used car loan.
To obtain quick, cheap and secured auto loans, consider Greater Central Texas Federal Credit Union only. You can visit at 3305 E Elms Road, Killeen, TX 76542 or call us at 254-690-2274.
25. February 2013 17:34
Buying a car is a major step for any buyer, and before taking the plunge into bringing a set of wheels home, it is important to have a clear understanding of how car loans work, and what is the best option for you. The length of a car loan is a critical decision, since it bears an effect on the next few years of your life, making it important to know what you are signing up for. Car loan terms can range from as less as 1 year to as long as 6 years.
There is no one perfect term that is ideal for all buyers, since the length of the car loan depends largely on one’s monthly income, and how much they can afford to pay towards the car loan each month. The car loan term is also influenced by the condition of the car, its price, the amount of down payment the buyer is willing to pay, and several other factors. So the question is, if you are buying a used car, what is the ideal term that you should settle on for your car loan?
Let us take a look at both sides of the coin-
- Short term auto loan- A short term loan, which is usually considered to be less than three years, can be a good way to save money in the long run, since this shall mean lower interest rates, as well as a lower total payment towards interest. Another advantage of getting a short term used car loan is that you own the asset faster than you do with a long auto loan. However, the disadvantage of such a loan is the higher monthly payments, which put you at a risk of falling behind on payments.
- Long term auto loan- Loans that last up to around 72 months are considered to be long term auto loans, and are often the preferred option among buyers who wish to have lower monthly payments, even if this means making these payments for a longer period. Even though you will end up paying more towards interest with a long term loan, it will be easier on your pocket on a monthly/ weekly basis, which is a major advantage for those with low monthly incomes.
Whichever loan term you choose to go with for your auto loan, you can always pay it off before the period, albeit with an early termination fee. In addition to this, you can also refinance your car if you come across a more favorable loan.
11. February 2013 14:23
Everyone dreams of owning a car and being able to experience the independence that comes with it. So if you have finally decided that it’s time to make this dream come true and are all set to make the great purchase, you should take the next step after picking the right car loan. Even though almost all car loans seem similar to the layman, but when you dig deeper, you realize that there is a huge difference between car loans, and in some cases, these can add up to thousands of dollars in the long run.
The guidelines below help you with some useful tips for getting a cheap car loan-
- Credit union auto loans- The financial institution that you choose for your car loan can make the biggest difference in the amount you end up paying in the long run. Credit unions have been proved to be a lot cheaper than banks, when it comes to auto loans. So the first step to getting a cheap car loan would be to join a credit union if you aren’t already the member of one. These not-for-profit organizations function by giving back money to their members on cheaper interest rates and lower monthly payments.
- Evaluate your credit report- By using a free online service available to all US consumers, you can evaluate your credit report beforehand to be sure of what to expect and to have a clearer and more realistic perspective of what your options are.
- Decide your budget- A mistake that most buyers make is leaving the most important decision of which car to buy and how much to spend on it for the last moment. This often leads to overspending. Hence you end up with larger monthly payments than you can afford.
- Look at the complete picture- Make sure that when you are finally negotiating an auto loan, you look beyond what’s being shown to you. At times, what might look great on paper can actually be a bad deal in the long run. Make sure that you do not end up paying more than the car’s actual worth. It is also wise to look carefully at other terms of the law, such as prepayment penalties.
For more tips, visit us at Greater Central Texas Federal Credit Union at 3305 E Elms Road, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at 254-690-2274.
24. January 2013 18:09
Buying a car is one of the costliest purchases most people make in their lifetime, which is why it is important to ensure that you thoroughly understand the process of car financing before taking the plunge. Unless you are one of those rare buyers who can afford to pay the entire price of the car upfront, you will probably have to consider all the financing options before you pick one. Credit unions have emerged as a popular option for auto loans, principally because of the significantly low interest rates that they offer. Here, we shall be discussing how car financing from a typical credit union works.
- The first step, of course, is to become a member of a credit union, if you aren’t one already. This is important because most credit unions offer auto loans only to their members. In fact, this is how they are able to function as non-profit organizations, and give back to their members in the form of low interest rates. Be sure to take a look at the type of loans offered by the credit union you are considering before becoming a member.
- Once you have secured a membership with a credit union in your area, it is a good idea to take a look at their specific requirements for auto loans, and make sure you have all the documentation required for the loan application process. The paperwork is more or less the same as it would be at a typical bank, the only difference being that you can expect much better assistance and customer care at a credit union. It is a good idea to obtain your credit score and fix and discrepancies that might be present in your record before submitting your application.
- With the first two essential steps of your auto financing taken care of, you now need to make the critical decision of which car you wish to buy. It is advisable to decide on the budget beforehand, so as to narrow down your choices of cars you can actually afford. You also need to decide whether you will buy a new car or a used one.
- Finally, you need to decide on the amount of down payment that you shall be making, and the loan period that you desire, both of which shall determine your monthly payments.
We at Greater Central Texas Federal Credit Union provide you quick and cheap car financing in Texas. For more details, you can visit us at 3305 E Elms Road, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at 254-690-2274.